Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Window to Happiness

So, I purchased this really pretty stamp set from the new Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog, but have you ever bought a set and then not really known what to do with it?  The set in question is Happy Congratulations.  I just loved the words and the lanterns.  Anyhow, I was looking around on Pinterest (maybe you've been there?  look for me, audrayoga) and I saw a card with some birds on a wire die cut out over the open space, and even though what I had was pretty different, I dropped everything and got busy.
Here is what I came up with:


I made a window card, using the square framelits in the bigshot, I cut out the card base and the pistachio pudding front layer with the same square.  Then I used vellum paper for the window.  I stamped the vellum with Versamark ink and embossed it with smoky slate embossing powder (I used smoky slate for the card base too). Using the aqua painter, I painted in the lanterns with pistachio pudding, crisp cantaloupe, and soft sky.

When you hold the card closed, you can see the congratulations through the vellum window.


Well, I hope you are inspired!  Happy crafting and congratulations on any thing you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment