Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cards in a Box


There's a current trend in the stamping world that I am loving right now.  Cards in a box.  They look awesome and they are actually pretty easy to make.  There are lots of tutorials and videos out there to help you make one, so I'm not going to go into a bunch of detail, just share a bit of the fun I'm having.

So we'll start with a basic version.  This one features Stampin' Up!s back yard basics bundle, which is nice so you don't need to cut everything out.  To pep it up a bit, I clear embossed the early expresso and  used my aqua painters to add the color.  Then I used the framelits and my big shot to cut them out.  I did three tulips and two butterflies.  To decorate the outside of the box I used the wood background stamp (love it!).



You attach the "pop up" pieces on bits of card stock the same color as the box--a bit of Tombo glue holds everything perfectly.

Here are two more cards in a box.  Some birthday ones for my twin brothers, I call them Party in a Box.  There was a lot of free hand cutting, but I sometimes find that pretty therapeutic.

















I took a video so you can see how fun they are to open.








And my favorite one was a Valentine for my husband.

I used bits of window sheet with mini glue dots to attach all the fun stuff. And there's a photo showing what the card looks like flat.
I wrote the mushy stuff on the panel with the hearts.

 I went a little over board on this one so I made my own envelope with the envelope punch board.
Let me know what you think and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment