Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bright Colors and Birthdays

Well, my middle child just celebrated his 18th birthday!  I know the expression says "time flies" and I guess it's an expression for a reason! Birthdays are a time of reflection.  With my daughter two years ago, I made a Facebook album with a picture of her on her birthday every year for 18 years. It was so fun to see her with her cake every year.  So I did the same for my son this year. Wow, reminding us how far he has grown was fun, but bitter sweet. Now that I'm a card maker, I wanted to commemorate his birthday with a fun card that represents some of the things he loves.


My son has loved the color orange since he was three.  And he loves animals. In fact, he had looked through the Stampin' Up! catalog and said I should get this Zoo Review set. When I went to make the card I searched around for ideas, and saw lots of more traditional ones that I know he would have liked, but then I saw a card by Brian King, using the penguin stamp and lots of color, very Andy Worhal.  And I just felt that it would be fun and happy to do something similar. And I am pretty pleased with how it came out! It's a bigger size, 7x4 1/4, so I made the envelope on the envelope punch board.

For all out little cousins and friends, I put together some goodie bags. I stamped the polar bear in craft white and used a stamp from Gorgeous Grunge for the "snow". Then I colored them up a bright bear, and stamped their initial in pumpkin pie.



So wishes for you for birthdays of reflection and fun!  Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment