Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

You might not believe this, but I made my Mom's Mother's Day card back at the end of January! This is pretty rare for me, I'm often a make it real quick and get it in the mail right now person. 

The reason I made it so early is that I was in a swap with some other demonstrators and it's the card that happened when I sat down to create something to share.


And here's the funny part of the story. I did not use this card for the swap! For the swap I needed to make 27 cards! I was moving in 9 days and there was no way that I could make that many at that time, especially as this card was pretty involved.

Here is the card I came up with to swap:


Which, looking at it now is pretty funny! You could open it up and it could say "Happy Mother's Day ". Although I definitely had more of a birthday feel in mind.

So anyhow, I've been holding on to this Mother's Day card all this time and I was super happy to mail it with the Grandma's brag book (see post and video from March) this week. I'm sure my Mom will love them.

I hope you took good care of your mom or someone special to you this week. And for all the moms out there reading this, Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment